Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekly Running Wrap-Up

February 25- March 3, 2013
26 Weeks Pregnant


Photo Credit - Faith Laces
This week's running routine was interrupted by weather and illness. On Tuesday, it was very cold with heavy sleet. Despite my desire to get a run in, I just could't bear to go out in the mess. I did a cardio/toning workout instead.

Wednesday was my scheduled long run (8 miles); however, my appointment with the dentist lasted longer than I'd planned (doesn't it always?) and I only managed to get in 5 miles. I figured I could make it up on Thursday until I woke up with a stuffy nose and cough. Normally (i.e., not pregnant) I would have completed my long run but I've found that when my body is dealing with an illness I am more susceptible to injury and considering that my body is currently busy growing a baby, I decided not to give it any more to do, even though my mind was screaming at me to just 'run through it.'

I resigned myself to not getting a long run in this week and ran an easy 5 miles on Thursday. I didn't get much sleep that night and woke up Friday feeling wiped out so I did yoga but didn't run again until Saturday.

The weather was frigidly cold and windy all week - not the best running weather, but it actually worked out pretty well with my cold. The biting air on Saturday and Sunday helped relieve my congestion and since I can't take any medication, it was very welcome relief.


No comments:

Post a Comment