Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekly Running Wrap Up

March 18-24, 2013
29 Weeks Pregnant

This week can be summed up with a big groan! Everything was going well until Wednesday. I ran my scheduled 8 miles but it came at a cost. I developed two blisters - one on the bottom of each foot. I've never, ever got blisters on the bottoms of my feet in all my years of running!

Photo Credit - Faith Laces
Half-way through the run I started feeling tired and after I finished. my feet and my thighs were screaming in pain. Later that night, though, my stomach felt very heavy, as if the baby had gained two pounds and I was feeling slightly sick to my stomach.

Thursday I woke up nauseated beyond what I'd experienced during my first four months of pregnancy. I literally could not get out of bed the entire day. At first I figured I caught a stomach bug. Later it hit me that it was possible 'morning sickness' was back and the prospect was devastating.

Friday was only slightly better. I still couldn't eat and struggled to drink. I realized that as bad as I felt during those first few months, I was lucky - it could have been so much worse.

Saturday I slogged through an easy 3.5 miles. I felt like crap the entire time since I hadn't eaten anything for two days. I still felt queasy all day, but it was more like it had been in the first trimester - manageable.

I felt stronger on Sunday, but kept it easy. I'm more and more hopeful that my illness was temporary and that although I'll have to deal with heartburn for the next two months, 'morning sickness' is behind me - for good.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Briana, I hope you continue to feel better and congrats to you on your expected new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna, I hope this week is better. Drink plenty of water. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to your body, Brianna. Dick caught that bug Friday and he is still struggling with nausea from time to time.

    ReplyDelete