Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why I Run

Remembering why I run has never been as important as it has been since I've been pregnant.  I need to keep my perspective, especially as my pace slows and my distance decreases. Some of my reasons for running are:
  • To stay healthy.
  • To feel good.
  • To stay sane.
  • To reduce stress.
  • To have fun.
  • To set a good example for my daughter.
Photo Credit - Faith Laces
Menno Haven 5K For Alzheimer's November 2012
Ultimately though, my motivation is to give glory and gratitude to God. I believe God made me a runner. He may not have made me an Olympic or record-setting runner, but running brings me joy, peace and most importantly, it brings me closer to my Creator and His Creation.

It's an honor and privilege to get out there everyday and run to show God how grateful I am for His wonderful gift!

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him ( Colossians 3:17 ESV).

Why do you run?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the insight into your running, Brianna. Hope your leg heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brand new follower here, just stopping by as an A to Z Challenge Co-Host, so: nice to meet you, Faith!

    ReplyDelete