Monday, April 1, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - A

And we are off! The A-Z Challenge has begun!


I want to take this first step of a month-long blogging 'marathon' to say thank you to Arlee Bird @ Tossing It Out, the founder/creator of the challenge. Three years ago, he supercharged the month of April for me. I have to say my husband isn't as grateful for this intense month of blogging, but I am :)

And now onto mile marker number one, better known as the letter 'A'...

Approval from the doctor


Photo Credit - Microsoft Clip Art
Approval from my doctor was the first essential to running during my pregnancy. Even before I got pregnant I talked to my family doctor about any effects running had on conception and at my first prenatal appointment I made sure the obstetrician knew how often and how long I was running on a weekly basis.

In my case, both the nurse and doctor at my first prenatal appointment seemed excited with my running and have continued to be supportive. 

8 comments:

  1. Approval from a doctor is totally important! I can't wait to get fit again and even and I get the okay to just run on a treadmill! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to run on the treadmill soon, Maddy!

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the A to Z challenge! I am so looking forward to reading your blog posts. Can't wait to get back to running. Glad you have your doc's approval, be sure to listen to your body as you run through this wonder pregnancy:)
    Elayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elayne. I do my best to listen to body.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading your A-Z, and very impressed that you're running at 30 weeks pregant!

    ReplyDelete