Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - I

Photo Credit - roadid.com
An essential for every runner, not just pregnant runners, is Identification. ID is a runner's most valuable training partner. No one wants to think of being in an accident, but it could happen, and if it does, having identification means family will be notified and doctors will be able to access medical records.

Identification Options:
  1. Road ID offers convenient wristbands with identifying information. As far as I can tell, this is the most recommended option for runners. Even my mom texted me the link to Road ID because she thought it was a good idea. 
  2. Road ID also offers ankle IDs and shoe IDs. I prefer the shoe ID because it is the least intrusive. 
  3. Road ID Shoe ID
  4. While Road ID is popular, IdmeBand also offers similar products.
  5. IDmeBand - Shoe ID
  6. Dog tag necklaces are another option.
  7. In desperate times, I've simply used a laminated 'business card' with my name, address, phone number and husband's name tucked into my pocket or in my shoe.

5 comments:

  1. Never thought about this but it really is one of those things you never want to be without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information! I am a personal trainer and teach 5k run groups ( when I.m not fighting cancer :) I wear my road ID bracelet all the time!
    Thanks for visiting my blog during the A~Z challenge and your support. Happy Running!
    http://elayneminich.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Elayne.
      Your blog is truly inspiring.

      Delete
  3. ID bracelets are so important! Daughter never goes anywhere without her diabetes one!!!! I can see that it would be a good idea for anyone really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of this one- I guess that just goes to show really, short my runs are. If I ended up keeled over, I know one of my neighbors would just call my husband to come get me.

    ReplyDelete