Thursday, April 11, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - J

When I first considered options for the letter 'J', jogging stroller immediately came to mind. For four years, the jogging stroller was my faithful running companion 2-3 days a week, sometimes even more. However, this past summer, my daughter was getting a bit too big for the stroller and by the time fall came around, she was out of the stroller and running 1 mile races on her own!
BOB Revolution SE Jogging Stroller

Even though I haven't run with the jogging stroller during my pregnancy, it's still an essential for pregnant running moms with infants or toddlers. I can only imagine it's an even tougher workout, but well worth the extra work to enjoy time outside running with your little one. A jogging stroller also makes it easier to fit a run into a busy day.

Photo Credit - Google Images

For me personally, the 'J items I found to be absolutely essential during this pregnancy were Jolly Ranchers. During the first trimester when I was always nauseous, I would suck on a Jolly Rancher to settle my stomach while I ran. Green apple was my preferred flavor, but cherry worked too. I absolutely hate candy or drinks that are blue so I never tried the blue raspberry.


2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog! If I didn't know you already, I'd be so anxious to meet you.

    ReplyDelete