Saturday, April 13, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - L

It is essential to have Lots of support when you run during pregnancy.

First, I couldn't do it without the support of my husband. He's not my cheerleader. He doesn't come home from work every day and say, "Did you run today? Way to go, Babe!" But he never complains, admonishes or worries over me either, which after knowing him for 18 years, I now know is the equivalent of  him saying, "YOU ROCK, BABE!"
Photo Credit - Morguefile.com

So to my wonderfully supportive husband, I say, "Thank you!"

My daughter, Makayla, (who will be 5 on Monday) also quietly supports me. She accepts that my running is just a regular part of life and only ever encourages me to keep at it. On Wednesday of this week it was 80 degrees so I had to shed my fleece jacket and run in just a tank top and running skirt. I was a bit nervous about everyone in the neighborhood seeing my 8-month pregnant belly so prominently displayed so I asked Makayla:

"Do you think everyone is going to stare at my belly?"

Without skipping a beat, she answered, "Oh yeah!"

"Oh, no! I was hoping they wouldn't."

"Why? Aren't you happy there's a baby in your belly?"

"Yes I am! So who cares what they think, right?"

"Right!"

So to my wonderfully honest and supportive daughter, I say, "Thank you!"

Three days of the week I run while Makayla is at her nursery school located in our church. So many church members and friends see me run and encourage me. Not one of them has ever even hinted that I shouldn't be running. But so many of them have joked that I'm not going to be able to push the church over during my wall stretch!

So to my wonderfully supportive church family, I say, "Thank you!"

To my sisters, my mom, my in-laws, my neighbors and my friends who have always encouraged me in different and special ways, I say, "Thank you!"

And to all the runners out there, next time you see a pregnant woman running, consider giving her a wave, a smile, an 'atta girl! We need all the support we can get!

5 comments:

  1. Kids have knack for speaking truth to us in their special way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Running Mama! Loved this post. So fun. Isn't it great to be thankful?!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your efforts and determination are impressive and inspiring. I am enjoying your A to Z.
    I nominated you for a Liebster Award, which is a lot less official than it sounds. Still, I hope you enjoy and play along!
    http://sonworshiper.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/liebing-it-up-to-you/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of support. Always appreciated. Thanks for reminding us of the importance of that.

    ReplyDelete