Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - O

Photo Credit - Microsoft Clip Art
For me, organization is essential to running during pregnancy. Actually, for me, being organized is always essential to running. Planning runs into my daily schedule helps keep me on track.

As I've written in other posts, pregnancy provides many excuses (some good and some bad) not to run. By planning to run and organizing your schedule around running, it's harder to put it off.

Tips To 'Organize' Your Run

  • Plan ahead - look at your weekly schedule and pick the most likely days and times when running is possible.
  • Mark it on your calendar, 'to-do' list or in your daily planner.
  • Track your completed runs - times, distance, feelings, ect. - on a calendar or running journal.
  • Share your runs online through a blog or on dailymile.
  • Track your runs through Apps, like these listed on dailymile.
  • Lay out your running clothes the night before.
  • Keep your running shoes by the door.
  • Be flexible - if you planned a 5 mile run but only have time for 3 miles, run the 3 miles and worry about fitting in 2 miles later in the week or on another run.

4 comments:

  1. Good tips! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia! Happy to have a fellow A-Z follower :)

      Delete
  2. I love God and love to run, too! Excellent advice. My problem here in Wyoming is the weather. I've added tennis to my work out repertoire as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Luana! I can only imagine Wyoming weather! I wish I was coordinated enough to play tennis!

      Delete