Saturday, April 20, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - R

A regular running Routine is essential to continuing to run during pregnancy.
Photo Credit - kconnors

Before I got pregnant the first time with my daughter, I was running sporadically. When morning sickness struck, I wasn't prepared for the severity and since I hadn't been running regularly, I didn't give it a second thought when I stopped running all together.

Before this pregnancy, I was following a regular running routine- 5-6 days a week - so when morning sickness struck, I was too used to running to give it up and kept at it despite the nausea.

I admit I'm a bit OCD and when I get into a routine, I tend to stick with it no matter what. Sometimes that can be a bad thing - like when the family wants to go hiking during my scheduled 'cleaning' time. But at other times, I can use it to my advantage - like with running during pregnancy.

6 comments:

  1. I miss running! I ran for 5 years, then slipped a disc, needed surgery, and am now restricted from impact exercise. I grieved over it. I've since gained 20 lbs, and walking just doesn't do much. I loved the freedom running, and how strong I felt. I'm popping in from the a-z, and love finding other believers in the blogosphere! I'ma new follower. Come visit, if you'd like:
    from The Dugout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your slipped disc! I completely understand grieving. Walking doesn't do much for me either.

      Delete
  2. Good for you. Running is good for you and baby. Great R post.
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That is such a wonderful thing to say! You've made my week!

      Delete