Saturday, April 6, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - F

Photo Credit - Faith Laces
For me, running during pregnancy takes a lot of Faith -

Faith that I am doing what God made me to do.

Faith that God will watch over and protect me and my unborn baby.

Faith that I am honoring God through the movement of my body.

Faith that I'm doing what's best for me and my baby.

Faith that no matter how different running is now than it was when I wasn't pregnant, it's still good for me.

Faith that when my baby is born, I'll be able to run more than 8 miles at one time again.

Faith that although people seem to be doing double-takes when they pass me, it's all in my head. (It is isn't it?)

Faith that I don't look as much like an ice cream cone as my shadow seems to.

10 comments:

  1. Well, ice cream is goooood - and what's in that cone is even sweeter! - I think it's so great that you keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! I need all the encouragement I can get :)

      Delete
  2. You are so funny! "double takes"? "ice cream cone"? LOL. I have "faith" that God has you covered and is smiling on you when you run and all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I believe He is too :)

      Delete
  3. I love this theme! I'm a runner too, but currently getting back into it after an injury. Good luck with the rest of the A-Z Challenge.
    Ebby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the challenge and the running! I'm sorry you were injured but I hope it's behind you and it's smooth running from now on.

      Delete
  4. more than 8 miles at a time?! Wow. I think I'm doing good when I do a 5k. God is good. If He hasn't told you to stop, then why should it bother you if others think you should?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped in off the A-Z challenge list, and I'm so glad I did. Your goals and commitment are impressive, but I really love that you connect the spiritual component to the fitness you're striving for. Some of my best times with God have been on the track or on a run through the neighborhood. I'll be stopping by more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in and for your encouraging words!

      Delete