Monday, April 8, 2013

A-Z Essentials For Running During Pregnancy - G

I actually have two essentials starting with the letter 'G'.

My first 'G' essential is gratitude! It is absolutely essential to be grateful to God for the ability to run, for the peace running brings, for the air I breathe, for time alone with my baby, for time outside, and for the beauty of nature that surrounds me.

I've learned to never take a run for granted. After being injured and not able to run, all runs, even runs that don't go as planned, are still good. Not running is miserable. So when I run I'm showing God how grateful  I am for the gift He has given me - a healthy, capable, moving body and especially for the life growing inside me!

Pinterest
Pinterest

Pinterest





Pinterest 
The second 'g' essential is Gatorade. I know Gatorade is an essential for a lot of athletes, for me, it was a necessity during the first trimester when drinking water was like swallowing vomit.

Ewww! I know.

Sorry to be so gross, but when I'm nauseated, the last thing I want to drink is water. I forced myself to drink water before and during my runs for the sake of the baby, but nothing tasted sweeter after a run than Gatorade!

Besides being an alternative to water when I'm sick, it's also good for replenishing potassium and sodium levels during long runs.

10 comments:

  1. I have found that gratitude is the cure for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An attitude of gratitude is something we can benefit from in all areas of our lives. We take so much for granted.
    Blessings, Brianna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate on both accounts: I post a "grateful moment" list every Friday night on my blog. Have for about 4.5 years (since the blog began), and find it's an awesome way to wrap up the week.

    About the Gatorade, it was my saving grace during my pregnancy 16 years ago. I didn't have much nausea, but when I did it was in the evening and I would sip Gatorade and eat saltines and all would be well.

    So glad for you that you feel gratitude in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I haven't mentioned it yet, I don't think, but I REALLY like your blog header with the text. That is simply awesome.

      Delete
    2. grateful moment
      What a great idea for a blog post!
      Good to know Gatorade worked for you too :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Sherilee! I'm glad you like the blog header - it's a facebook 'cover' from crosscards.com - they have some great photos :)

      Delete
  4. I love your honesty ;) lol

    And, like your one picture posted says...STILL praising God for what we have, even when it seems it's diminishing, is a wonderful virtue to practice!

    ReplyDelete