Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekly Running Wrap Up

April 8 - April 14, 2013
32 Weeks Pregnant 


Photo Credit - Faith Laces
It was a beautiful week, but at the risk of being labeled a malcontent, I have to say - it got a little too hot a little too fast. I was gearing up for warmer temperatures, but wasn't prepared for summer weather!

On Monday I was finally able to shed my heavy winter fleece jacket, which put my 'bump' prominently on display. I felt a bit self-conscious in a t-shirt and running tights. But I'd been anticipating this change in wardrobe and only gave it a second (or third) thought before the rhythm of running soothed away any worries of curious stares.

On Tuesday it was over 80 degrees and I had to shed even more layers and run in just a tank top and running skirt. I felt really exposed. When I asked Makayla if people would stare at my belly, she said, "Yes!" (For more of that conversation check out this post.)

Despite worrying about being stared at, I went for my run through our neighborhood park where both baseball fields were occupied by practicing teams. As I ran between them, I heard boys laughing.

The teenage girl inside me started shrieking, "OMG! They are so laughing at the pregnant woman!" The older and wiser me silenced her, "Teenage boys aren't paying attention to pregnant ladies." The older and wiser me was 99% confident.
My pregnant shadow
Photo Credit - Faith Laces

Wednesday was just as hot. At this point, after Tuesday's run, I was over any self-consciousness. But my new worry was that it was too hot for the baby. I carried water with me and didn't push too hard, but I kept thinking about how he can't cool himself off and began worrying I was boiling my poor baby.

Thursday during my prenatal appointment, I expressed my concerns to my doctor who laughed and said, "You can't cook your baby!" She said hydration is key and that I can continue to run even in the hotter temperatures as long as I drink plenty of water, which I knew and even blogged about in this post, but it's always good to hear confirmation.

On a completely unrelated note, today is Makayla's 5th birthday! I can't believe that 5 years have passed since my life completely changed or that in less than 2 months it's going to completely change again!
Happy Birthday, Makayla!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Makayla! Such a cute little girl!
    I always get a chuckle when I read your posts, Brianna! (i.e. the baseball boys)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Mikaela too, only she's 14. Tell yours happy birthday for me.

    ReplyDelete