Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekly Running Wrap-Up

April 15 - 21, 2013
33 Weeks Pregnant
Photo Credit - Faith Laces



This week in running can be summed up in one word - beautiful. I spent most of my runs capturing signs of spring!

I'm happy to report that so far, my body is holding up! My prayer is that I can continue to run throughout the next month and 13 or so days (estimated due date is June 5th) and as soon as possible after baby is born.

Although, I have to admit, it's going to be lonely running without him! Right now, I'm so much slower than I used to be, but I've accepted that and it's a price I'm happy to pay to have such wonderful quality time together. Lately I've even been reaching down and rubbing my belly and speaking softly to it while running.

My 8 mile long run didn't happen on Wednesday because Lowes decided to deliver our new freezer without letting us know and messed my entire schedule up! I tried to make it up on Friday, but the forecast was calling for severe storms and I didn't want to be caught too far from home (or the church as the case was) in a thunderstorm. I wouldn't have worried if I wasn't pregnant, but baby makes me more cautious. I only got 6.5 miles, but I can live with that.

Sunday, I finally felt the baby hiccuping! It wasn't during a run, but it was cool all the same.

I'll end with some of the images of spring I caught this week:

Photo Credit - Faith Laces

Photo Credit - Faith Laces
Photo Credit - Faith Laces






10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the spring blooms photos. If they were on Pinterest, I'd repin at least one on my Exploring Gardens board. And the petals are prety surrounding your running shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My photography skills aren't the greatest, but nature is a great subject :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, Bri! Hiccups--so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - they were cool. I'd never felt them with Makayla.

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful that you're so enthusiastic about keeping your running regime throughout pregnancy. And it was adorable that you're going to be lonely running without your little babes once he's out of the womb. SO sweet! Congrats on your baby to be.

    Have fun with a-z. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh...I can just smell those flowers! I can't wait to see the leaves start to sprout from the branches out my way. The grass has become so much greener from a weekend of rain...but we still have a few more weeks with the very bare trees :(

    Your photos are amazing, too! So pretty. So promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope spring springs for you soon! Winter has hung around too long.

      Delete
  5. Oh, baby hiccups are so cool! I forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete