Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekly Running Wrap-Up

April 29 - May 4, 2013
35 Weeks Pregnant
Photo Credit - Faith Laces
Path at Wilson College

Monday I ran in a steady, soaking rain. I had to borrow my husband's waterproof pullover. It did a pretty good job keeping me somewhat warm and mostly dry, but it made me look fat - not pregnant, just fat.

Tuesday I ran in the same pullover because it looked like it might rain again and it was sort of chilly out. Well, it didn't rain and I got overly warm so I took the pullover off and tied it around my waist - or rather, I tried to tie it around my waist, until I remembered - I don't have a waist anymore! The darn thing kept slipping off and I had to tie it around my neck, which sucked because a.) it looked ridiculous and b.) it kept sliding back and choking me.

Wednesday I had to run early in the morning again because my daughter had another field trip. Thankfully, it's getting light out earlier and the sky was already a light grey when I set off.

Friday I tried to fit in the 8 miles I should have done on Wednesday, but only got 6.5 because I happened to run by someone I know and (to be polite) I stopped to chat, which didn't leave me enough time to get in the other 1.5 miles. I hate not reaching my goal, but at least it wasn't because of an injury!

Saturday I ran 4.5 miles on a beautiful, sunny, but cold morning.

All in all it was another great week. No aches and pains that I can't handle. The weather could have been slightly better, but as my mom always told me, "In everyone's life a little rain must fall."

4 comments:

  1. I admire you perseverance, Brianna. I have become a fair weather walker, much to my chagrin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that picture; beautiful. I tell you, when I'm trying to talk myself out of a run, I picture you out there, in the rain, uncomfortable, and suddenly my excuses don't seem so valid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely place to run, that picture! Good for you, keeping up with the running!

    ReplyDelete