Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weekly Running Wrap-up

May 13 - 19, 2013
37 Weeks Pregnant

Photo Credit - Faith Laces
This was a week of transition. Makayla 'graduated' from preschool on Monday, which means my dependable schedule of running 5.5 miles on Mondays and Fridays and 8 miles on Wednesdays is no more. This week I struggled to define a new schedule.

Monday I woke up early and ran 3.5 miles because, although this was Makayla's last day of school, they didn't have regular class; instead they had a celebratory picnic.

Tuesday I ran as usual, getting in 4.5 miles.

I took Wednesday off as a 'rest' day, but worked for three hours in the yard digging up the brick edging around two of my flower beds.

Thursday I woke up early and ran 3.5 miles again, only this time it was in the rain. Thankfully, it was a much warmer morning and the rain didn't bother me.

Friday was another 'rest' day with three more hours of digging up brick edging around more flower beds. Thankfully, my back handled all the bending, kneeling and lifting.

Saturday morning I manged to fit in 7 miles before taking Makayla to swimming lessons and then going to a church picnic. The notable moment of this run happened as I passed a thicket of weeds. As I ran by, a duck burst out of the tall grasses flying off one way while a rabbit dashed off in the opposite direction. I had the distinct impression I'd interrupted something. I felt like a policeman unknowingly walking by a drug deal or something else nefarious!

Sunday morning I woke up earlier than usual to fit in 4.5 miles since Mondays and Thursdays runs were so short compared to my previous routine.

With Makayla out of school and the weather really heating up, I'm short on convenient times to run - unless I wake up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning. Whatever schedule I do come up with is only going to be temporary anyway, since when the baby is born, I'm going to have to play each day by ear and probably won't have a good set running schedule again until Makayla goes to kindergarten in the fall.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Doing weeding and flower beds at 9 months pregnant! I'm not pregnant and it's killing me. My hands ache from pulling weeds. My knee aches from kneeling. I'm almost done though.

    Lesson learned - do not let the flower beds go for 2 years. It's easier to maintain than to basically start from scratch. ;0)

    Only 2 weeks to go? Can't wait to see baby brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still very impressed over here with your running schedule. And that you've added weeding as well? I'm with Dawn in the "not pregnant, but still in pain from yard work" category. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change it so hard, especially when a schedule works, but you seem to be pretty adaptable.

    ReplyDelete