Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekly Running Wrap-Up

June 10 - 16, 2013
2 Weeks Postpartum

Since Nathan is getting into a more regular eating schedule, this week I was able to increase the amount of time running and started tracking my mileage again. My plan is to gradually increase my mileage as I (hopefully get faster).

On Monday I ran 4 miles in the evening. On my way home, it started raining, like heavy, buckets of rain pouring from the sky. I was soaked in seconds. At one point, a neighbor driving by in his car stopped and asked if I wanted a ride, but I was already wet so there was no point. I appreciated the offer. Getting rained on in the summer isn't that bad. The worst part was my cell phone getting wet - two weeks later it died.

On Tuesday I ran 4 miles in the evening and again it rained, but this time it was light and refreshing.

Thursday I again ran 4 miles in the evening.

On Friday I did Jilian Michael's Yoga video which was a great workout. I was surprised to find that I was able to do the workout without modifications. It was as if I hadn't had a nine-month break. However, while it was a good strength training workout, it lacked the stretching and meditation of my prenatal yoga video, so I'm looking for an additional yoga video that focuses more on stretching than on fat loss.

On Saturday I ran 5.5 miles in the morning. This was my longest run since giving birth and it went very well. I definitely felt like I could go farther - not quite ready for the 13 miles I was doing before pregnancy, but definitely ready for more than the 6-7 miles I was doing in my last trimester.

Sunday I ran another 4 miles in the morning.

Nathan
2 weeks old

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, he looks just like M.! Look at his little lip and chin -- just like her! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete