Monday, September 30, 2013

A to Z Devotions for Writers

Today I'm happy to welcome Pamela D. Williams author of A to Z Devotions for Writers. Her book is a must have for any writer. Not only is it full of inspiration, it's full of great tips and writing exercises.
Pamela D. Williams,
Author  of A to Z Devotions for Writers

Welcome to my blog, Pamela! I'm happy to have you here. 

To start off, who is your favorite author and is your writing style similar to theirs?
My two favorite authors are Gladys Taber and Jan Karon. My writing style is similar to Taber’s and my life is similar to the one Karon writes about.
What's your favorite part of a book?
The ending is always bittersweet for me—I love the resolution to conflict and the time to reflect but I miss the characters.
Who are your target readers?
For A to Z Devotions for Writers, my target audience is writers, of course. My other writing is mainly aimed at the average adult who is a Christian.
What are the major themes of your work?
God’s grace and His power to change us is the foremost theme of my work.
What is your writing process?
I usually jot down a few sentences that capture the gist of what I want to say. I pray about the direction to go with it. Then I flesh it out, followed by edit, edit, edit.
How do you get your ideas?
I really feel God plants them in my mind and heart and I just write them down.
How many hours do you write each day?
It varies. Some days I write nothing; other days I write for three or four hours straight. If I averaged it out, it would probably amount to about an hour a day, usually in the early morning.
Who inspired you?
One Christmas my mother gave me three books by Gladys Taber. I feel in love with her style, read ALL of her books, and decided I wanted to write like she did. However, I truly feel, writing is a call from God—He just happened to use Taber to get my attention.
Did you always want to write?
No, I always wanted to read; writing grew out of my love of reading.
How have your personal experiences affected your writing?
My personal experiences provide fodder for my writing.
Finally, do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
Pray, edit ruthlessly, and research the markets very thoroughly before submitting.

Thanks again for dropping by! Here are the links to order this must have book! Amazon Barnes And Noble Crosslink

1 comment: